Terms and Conditions
We (the folks at Cinetopia) run a film distribution platform called Cinetopia.cc and would love for you to use it. Our basic service is free and we may in the future offer paid upgrades and services. When using the service in a successful way by a host sells tickets to a audience and shares the revenue between the filmmaker, the host and Cinetopia according to the distribution model. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on with your film as possible. However, be responsible in how you use the site. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your film profile or get linked to from your film profile (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
Terms of Service:
Your Cinetopia.cc Account and Site
If you create a film profile on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the film profile. You must not describe or assign keywords to your film profile in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Cinetopia may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Cinetopia liability. You must immediately notify Cinetopia of any unauthorised uses of your film profile, your account or any other breaches of security. Cinetopia will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Responsibility of Contributors
If you operate a film profile or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, video content or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated (if not clearly stated as part of the artistic expression), and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your film profile is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your film is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your film profile's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or film other than your own;
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorised and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Cinetopia or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Cinetopia for inclusion on your film profile, you grant Cinetopia a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your film profile. If you delete Content, Cinetopia will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Cinetopia has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Cinetopia's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Cinetopia's reasonable opinion, violates any Cinetopia policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Cinetopia's sole discretion. Cinetopia will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
If a host chooses to screen your film and succeed to meet the goal of tickets sold at the minimum price of more a contract is created between the film owner and the host. The contract authorises the host to screen the film for the audience under the conditions stated in the event. At the time of the contract creation a transaction between the film owner and the host is carried out. The composition of the transfer is defined in the revenue share model.
Responsibility of Website Visitors
Cinetopia has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Cinetopia does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Cinetopia disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
Content Posted on Other Websites
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which cinetopia.cc links. Cinetopia does not have any control over those non-Cinetopia websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Cinetopia website or webpage, Cinetopia does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
As Cinetopia asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Cinetopia.cc violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Cinetopia. Cinetopia will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Cinetopia will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Cinetopia or others. In the case of such termination, Cinetopia will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Cinetopia.
Notice and procedure for claims of copyright inringement
If you believe that any Content, User Material, or other material provided through the Cinetopia Services, including through a link, infringes your copyright, you should notify Cinetopia of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
We will process each notice of alleged infringement that Cinetopia receives and take appropriate action in accordance with applicable intellectual property laws. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to Cinetopias copyright agent at email@example.com (subject line: "DMCA Takedown Request"). You may also contact us by mail or facsimile at:
Attention: Copyright Agent
Fabel Kommunikation AB
S-111 39 Stockholm SWEDEN
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright interest;
- (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Hulu Services that is reasonably sufficient to enable Hulu to identify and locate the material;
- (iv) how Hulu can contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and email address;
- (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (vi) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive right in the material.
Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for purposes other than communication about copyright infringement may not be answered.
Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Cinetopia to you any Cinetopia or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Cinetopia.
Cinetopia reserves the right to display advertisements on your film profile.
Cinetopia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Cinetopia may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Cinetopia may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Cinetopia.cc account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website is provided "as is". Cinetopia and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Cinetopia nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here's a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Cinetopia, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Cinetopia under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Cinetopia shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
General Representation and Warranty
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cinetopia, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.Return to landingpage